Princess Margaret Hospital
Princess Margaret Hospital for Children (PMH) is a long-standing Telethon beneficiary. Telethon has provided grants to PMH for the acquisition of state-of-the-art medical equipment, specialist facilities and research fellowships.
Telethon has also donated funds to PMH to:
- establish a skin culture service for the Burns Unit
- help with the upgrade of intensive care facilities
- purchase a high frequency oscillatory ventilator and nitric oxide to aid children with chronic breathing and heart problems
- buy a mobile x-ray machine for use in the Emergency Department
- buy a ventilator used to assist breathing in patients during transfer to the Emergency Department
- buy audiology, ophthalmology, surgical and ICU equipment
- open the Telethon theatre, a state-of-the-art cinema and function room at PMH
- buy equipment to assist with the physiological monitoring of neonates.
- offer Telethon Nursing Scholarships – used to improve nursing practice by implementing contemporary evidence based models of nursing care. These models have been developed to deliver high quality, safe patient care and enhance the patient experience whilst fostering a supportive learning environment that encourages professional growth and innovation for the future.