Princess Margaret Hospital
Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
PMH Foundation is the only official fundraising body for Princess Margaret Hospital for Children. Since its inception in 1998, PMH Foundation has been the conduit for over $62 million in financial support to Princess Margaret Hospital and is the hospital’s largest funder after Government.
At the end of the 2015/16 financial year the Foundation also had commitments in excess of $22 million over the next five years to support longer term projects for PMH, the new Perth Children’s Hospital, and the wider Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS).
How PMH Foundation supports the hospital
The Foundation’s mission is to enable the Western Australian community to support the hospital in providing world-class care for its patients and their families.
The Foundation achieves this by partnering with businesses, community groups and individuals to raise funds, and working with hospital staff to identify the areas of greatest need and direct donated funds to these projects. PMH Foundation funds are spent in five key areas:
- Medical Equipment
Ensuring staff have access to the most technologically advanced medical equipment.
- Clinical Research
Committing over $1.1 million to enable hospital staff to discover new and improved ways to treat children with illness through clinical trials and collaborations.
- Expertise and Fellowships
Attracting, training and supporting the incredible clinicians and other staff who care for children at Princess Margaret Hospital.
- Play and recreation
Making a hospital stay a better experience for patients, their families and carers through a range of activities from Stitches’ Bear Fairs to art workshops and many other activities in the Stitches’ Megazone.
Extending support to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and the Child and Adolescent Community Health Service, both of which support the health and well-being of children and young people in WA.
Projects and equipment funded by PMH Foundation
Some examples of projects and equipment funded by PMH Foundation include:
- Six Professorial Chairs of Expertise in the areas of; Aboriginal Clinical Child Health, Allied Health, Paediatric Anaesthesia, Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Paediatric Psychology and Respiratory Medicine
- The PMH Foundation Regional Assistance Fund which provides funding to cover accommodation costs for regional families when their child is in PMH
- An Armeo Spring Paediatric Robotic Arm and two You Grabbers that are used by the hospital’s Department of Paediatric Rehabilitation
- Ventilators for the Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- Over $500,000 was granted to clinical researchers at Princess Margaret Hospital over the 2014/2015 financial year to support a number of different clinical research projects
- Stitches’ Megazone play area on level 7
- Regular free family barbecues and pancake days for patients, families and staff
In November 2016, The PMH Foundation will officially change its name to the PCH Foundation following the opening of the new Perth Children’s Hospital.
The Foundation is already supporting numerous projects for Perth Children’s Hospital including a state-of-the-art Single Plane Digital Angiographic Interventional System which will be used in theatre to assist within the region of 1,000 surgeries each year.
More information on the projects and equipment funded by PMH Foundation can be found on their website (https://pmhfoundation.com/why-give/)
Support the hospital
The Foundation has many ways for you to get involved and support PMH:
Contact PMH Foundation
Telephone: (08) 9489 1100
Facsimile: (08) 9489 1199
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram https://instagram.com/pmhfoundationwa/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/pmhfoundationwa